Saturday, September 14, 2013

Justice League #23.2 Lobo



Make way for the Main Man.

Not this Edward Cullen design reject.


It seems to be the practice of the New 52 to go the way of Hollywood. I mean first Waller and now this? Does everyone in DC need to look like beauty models?



With that rant out of the way, I tried to give this new guy a chance. This issue was very very brief. It showed the guy regaling in the company of a few females, then killing a target.


The highlight for me was the scene in which he accepted an offer to carry a cargo and when the lock came loose during a brief unscheduled stop, he found it to be alien (human?) trafficking. Normally, the guy repents and decides to save his cargo (ala Transporter). Not this Lobo. He herded them back in like sheep and completed the delivery.

As a reward, he got the location of the 'fake' Lobo, the only Czarian he didn't apparently kill. My only hope is that the 'fake' Lobo blows his deranged brains out.

Look, I genuinely liked the ramblings going on inside this Lobo's head. His 'sorry, not sorry' came off both unhinged and sad. But this isn't the Lobo I know. He's crazy but warm, cracking jokes all the time. That's what endeared me to the Main Man the first time I saw him in Superman TAS. This one is too cold and that spot has been taken by better villains.


So with a new design and an icy demeanor, this Lobo was anything but appealing. I just hope this guy turns out to be the wannabe (cause the cover gives the image of the Lobo we all know and love) and dies gruesomely.

Cause no one messes with the Main Man.

So, I give this 4 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment